- > About Us
- > CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- > CSR Activities News
- > Daiichi Sankyo CEO Signs Statement of Support for Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs)
Daiichi Sankyo CEO Signs Statement of Support for Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs)
In December 2016, Daiichi Sankyo CEO, George Nakayama, signed a Statement of Support for The Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs).
The WEPs are a set of principles for businesses offering guidance on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace and community. These principles are the result of collaboration between the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) and the United Nations Global Compact. This commitment attests to the growing realization worldwide of how important these values are to businesses and communities.
Daiichi Sankyo will proceed to follow the following seven principles to enhance our initiatives for promoting the active participation of women in corporate activities.
- Principle 1: Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Principle 2: Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Principle 3: Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Principle 4: Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Principle 5: Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Principle 6: Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Principle 7: Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
The Women‘s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) logo mark
Daiichi Sankyo believes that the promotion of efforts in line with the seven principles of WEPs within its corporate activities will play an important role in all areas related to sustainable development targets (SDGs) as many of these goals are consistent with WEPs principles.
17 Sustainable Development Goals